If you intend to commence divorce proceedings and you have a HDB flat as a matrimonial asset, you are required to send these standard queries to the HDB. The replies to these queries form part of the Proposed/Agreed Matrimonial Property Plan which you will have to file as part of your divorce papers. Without the replies, you will not be able to commence a divorce action unless special permission is granted by the court for you to do so or if you do not receive their replies within one month from the time you served the queries.