- We adopt a very strict Anti-Spam Policy.
- We never send any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mails (“Spam”). We also report Spam to the originator’s and/or their Service Provider’s abuse department.
- We prohibit the use of any of our Services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of Spam. You may not use any of our Services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any of our Services or users.
- We believe strongly in promoting “netiquette” or proper use of the Internet. A strong Anti-Spam Policy will benefit all users of E-mails and the Internet.
2. Harvesting & Mining
- We do not authorise the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through our website and/or our Services.
- We do not permit or authorise others to use our Services to collect, compile or obtain any information about our users, including but not limited to user’s e-mail addresses.
- In many countries, the sending of Spam is illegal. If required, we will take the appropriate steps to stop Spammers, including prosecution if necessary.
- In Singapore, since an inevitable consequence of Spam is degradation to the performance of computer systems, Spammers can be prosecuted under Section 7 of the Computer Misuse Act and action taken under the Spam Control Act.
4. E-Mail Spoofing
- Some Spammers have been using or sending Spam by using our e-mail addresses (abc at otp dot sg) either in their “from line” or in their “reply line”. This practice is known as ‘E-Mail Spoofing’. This practice of e-mail spoofing using our e-mail addesses have been carried out without our knowledge or consent, whatsoever. E-Mail Spoofing is fraudulent and illegal. We are also victims of Spammers who use our forged e-mail addresses for wrongful purposes.
- If you receive Spam with our e-mail addresses, please check the message headers to determine the source of the Spam. It may not be us. Please do not complain to us as we are not the originating source of the Spam.
- If in fact, we are the source of the Spam, please let us know immediately using our Contact Us Page. Please include the message header information to enable us to carry out the required investigation.
5. Preventive Measures
- To protect our network and servers against Spam, we have the right to ban any Internet Protocol addresses, domains, email, email content or computers from accessing any computers or equipment of our network WITHOUT any prior notice. Spam filters may also be used to block Spam from arriving at our E-Mail Servers.
- While preventing the spread of Spam, valid and proper E-mails may be prevented from arriving at its proper destination. Unfortunately, there is no fail-proof way to differentiate between non-Spam and Spam emails. Thus, if your E-mail account has been blocked by our preventive measures, please Contact Us and provide a copy of the blocked header E-mail. We will remove your e-mail account from our spam filters.